NAC-OSCE Study Group: Fridays
June 19, 2020 - July 24, 2020
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
The Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) Study Group assists Internationally Trained Physicians in preparing for the National Assessment Collaboration (NAC). The competencies and the objectives for the NAC OSCE are reviewed and the expectations of a PGY1 resident are outlined for the different case scenarios presented. These sessions are facilitated by Dr. Bruce Firsher, an experienced medical educator from U of A. The sessions will be offered online and therefore focus on various case stems. Focus will be on taking an organized history, the approach to the patient, ethics, professionalism, communication, and decision-making abilities as to how to proceed. Cases will be discussed based on most recent evidence and guidelines.
The 6 online sessions will start on Friday, June 19th and finish on Friday, July 24th.
The program objectives are:
- to understand the exam objectives, format, and assessment criteria
- to increase clinical knowledge, decision-making, and management across a broad range of cases through discussion on current evidence, practice and feedback
- to review specific tasks such as case presentations, interpreting of results based on expected formats
- to enhance communication, cultural and language skills relative to patient-centered care and the Canadian context
- to familiarize oneself with time frames allotted for demonstrating competencies
Spaces are limited to 15 seats as per the instructor’s request to allow for meaningful discussion, practice, and feedback. Therefore, members may only register for one session (i.e. Tuesday group or Wednesday group or Friday group). Do not register for this group if you are unable to attend all 6 sessions.
These sessions are only for members who are scheduled to do the NAC OSCE in September. Therefore, you will need to send your proof of registration to Monica (by Monday, June 22nd) at email@example.com.
If the session is full and you wish to be placed on a waitlist, please contact Monica by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 587-524-2750 ext. 0. We will arrange additional study groups depending on waitlist and availability of educators/moderators.
We are starting with online study groups initially and will follow with opportunities for small group, hands-on practice sessions to practice the cases discussed.
Currently 18 of 18 spaces have been booked for this program.
Please click here to sign up!
This program is fully booked.