Who we are:
AIMGA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the successful integration of International Medical Graduates. We believe our clients have a contribution to make within our communities and healthcare system therefore our goal is to deliver quality services and programs to assist them at every step in the licensure process – from their arrival, through the various examinations, to their applications, into residency, and into practice. Their journey is not an easy one. With that in mind, we also assist our clients to find other pathways into healthcare where they can utilize their skills and knowledge in other ways. While we are a small organization, we are mighty.
Our values include being responsive to the needs of our members, working together as a team, working in a friendly and professional manner, delivering quality programs and services, and valuing our clients’ education and experiences. These values guide our interactions and decision making to ensure we are equipping our clients with relevant information, communication skills, and cultural knowledge in order to perform at their best to integrate successfully into the Canadian healthcare system.
We are looking for a professional Operations Manager to coordinate and oversee our organization’s operations. The operations manager role is mainly to implement the right processes and practices across the organization. The specific duties of an operations manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels. Ultimately, we’ll trust you to help us remain compliant and efficient during the course of business while building an enjoyable company culture.
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee efficiency
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data and use them to improve effectiveness
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Find ways to increase the quality of client service
- Proven work experience as an operations manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
Annual salary: $80,000/year based on 37.5hrs/week. Benefits are included and paid for by the employer.
If interested please forward your resumes to email@example.com