You can renew your membership as follows:
- Login to your user account on the website
- Click on your name in the website header
- Click the "Membership" link in the sidebar
- Click the "Renew your membership!" link in the Status section of the page
- Click the "Click here to purchase a membership!" link in the My Memberships section of the page
- Click the "Renew" button
- Fill out your payment information, then click the "Submit" button
That's it! Your membership will be renewed for the next year.
We welcome all those who wish to learn more about AIMGA to attend a New Member Orientation session. The orientation is typically held on the first Wednesday of each month and is an excellent opportunity to get to know more about AIMGA, the licensure process, and how to determine your next steps. If you wish to become a member after the orientation, please advise one of our staff members. You will be asked to register online and submit the annual membership fee. Once your account is activated, we can note in your profile that you attended a New Member Orientation session. Note that attending the orientation is mandatory for all new members before they are able to register for our other programs and services.
To view a list of upcoming sessions, visit our Programs, Courses & Events page.
If you do plan to attend an orientation session, please ensure that you send an email to Thaea (firstname.lastname@example.org) so you can be placed on the attendance list. Additionally, in the event that the session needs to be cancelled or rescheduled, we will then have a method to contact you to advise of updates/changes.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) administers the Settlement Program and Resettlement Assistance Program to help newcomers settle and adapt to life in Canada, setting them on a path to integration and full citizenship. Through these programs, IRCC works with many partners to deliver services to newcomers.
The Settlement Program assists immigrants and refugees to overcome barriers specific to newcomers’ experiences so that they can fully participate in social, cultural, civic and economic life in Canada and acquire citizenship.
Only the following persons are eligible to receive IRCC settlement services:
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Protected persons as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Individuals who have been selected to become permanent residents (pending verifications) and who have been informed, by a letter from IRCC
- Temporary foreign workers who hold or received approval of a work permit under section 112 or received initial approval for permanent residence under section 113 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
- Canadian citizens and non-permanent residents are not eligible persons.
The 6 service types are:
- Needs assessment and referrals
- Information and orientation
- Language training
- Employment-related services
- Support services
- Building community connections
Programs and Services
If you are no longer receiving emails from AIMGA, it may be the following reason(s):
- You recently changed your email address, but your profile still has your old email address. Please ensure that you regularly update your profile so that we have your up to date information.
- You unsubscribed from our mailing list. Most of AIMGA’s email communications are sent from a third-party email marketing site called Mailchimp. If at any time you opted out of these email communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link, you will no longer receive any emails from AIMGA. Please note that this mailing list is separate from your AIMGA account; even if you are an active member of AIMGA, you will not receive emails because you are unsubscribed in Mailchimp. If you would like to opt into these communications again, please send an email to email@example.com and we can send you a subscription request.
- Our emails may be getting caught in your spam/junk mail folder. To ensure that future emails are not marked as spam or junk mail, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved email list.
CALGARY OFFICE: We do not have a dedicated parking lot; however, we do have some 2-hour street parking directly adjacent to the building (Crescent Centre). Some streets close to the building have unrestricted parking available as well.
EDMONTON OFFICE: The parking stall marked AIMGA is for staff members only. Also, please note the patient parking stalls are for patients of the clinic and not for AIMGA members. Do not park in these stalls during clinic hours. There is free 2-hour street parking available or daily parking in the Impark Lot or Diamond Parking Lot close to the Stratica Medical Building.