OSCE Clinical Workshops(Afternoons)
January 30, 2020 - March 12, 2020
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
420, 10055 - 106 St NW
The Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) Preparation Program assists Internationally Trained Physicians preparing for the National Assessment Collaboration (NAC) and/or the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Exam Part 2 (MCCQE2). The competencies and the objectives for the NAC OSCE and QE2 are reviewed and the expectations of a PGY1 resident versus a PGY2 resident are outlined for the different case scenarios presented. These sessions are facilitated by an experienced medical educator from UofA. Standardized patients are used for hands-on practice. The sessions focus on taking an organized history, clinical knowledge and skills, physical exam skills, the think-aloud technique, approach to the patient, ethics, professionalism, communication, and decision-making abilities.
The program objectives are:
- to understand the exam objectives, format, and assessment criteria
- to increase clinical knowledge, decision-making, and management across a broad range of cases through discussion on current evidence and interactive, hands-on practice scenarios and feedback
- to review specific tasks such as case presentations, interpreting of results based on expected formats
- to enhance communication, cultural and language skills relative to patient-centered care and the Canadian context
- to familiarize oneself with time frames allotted for demonstrating competencies
Limited spaces are available for this OSCE Preparation Program. Members who wish to participate must be an active member of AIMGA and have a complete profile. They must also commit to full participation and AIMGA’s attendance policy (80%) as well as take part in follow up after the exam to obtain feedback.
- Have proof of registration for either the NAC OSCE or MCCE2 (Spring); no exceptions
The preparations sessions are scheduled on Thursdays, starting on January 30th and continues to Thursday, March 5th.
Currently 17 of 17 spaces have been booked for this program.
Please click here to sign up!
Online bookings are not currently available.