NAC-OSCE Exam Preparation Course – Wednesday Evenings
January 5, 2022 - February 23, 2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm MST
Click the following link to download an ICS file that you can import into your calendar app:
The Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) Study Group assists Internationally Trained Physicians in preparing for the National Assessment Collaboration (NAC). The competencies and the objectives for the NAC OSCE are reviewed and the expectations of a PGY1 resident are outlined for the different case scenarios presented. The sessions focus on taking an organized history, clinical knowledge and skills, physical exam skills, the think-aloud technique, approach to the patient, ethics, professionalism, communication, and decision-making abilities.
** Proof of registration will be required to register and can be sent to Monica (email@example.com).
This study group will be facilitated by Dr. Bruce Fisher.
The online sessions will be held on Wednesdays from 6 pm to 9 pm. *PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR TUESDAY AFTERNOON GROUP IF REGISTERING FOR THE WEDNESDAY SESSIONS.
The program objectives are:
- to understand the exam objectives, format, and assessment criteria;
- to increase clinical knowledge, decision-making, and management across a broad range of cases through discussion on current evidence, practice, and feedback;
- to review specific tasks such as case presentations, interpreting of results based on expected formats;
- to enhance communication, cultural and language skills relative to patient-centered care and the Canadian context; and
- to familiarize oneself with time frames allotted for demonstrating competencies
If support is needed, please contact our program administrators.
AIMGA Calgary Office: 403-520-7730. We are open 9-4:30 Monday to Friday and 9-3:00 on Saturday. The program administrator for Calgary is available from Monday to Thursday 9-5 and Saturday from 9-3.
AIMGA Edmonton Office: 587-524-2750. The Edmonton office is open from 9-4:30 Monday to Friday. The program administrator for Edmonton is available from Monday to Thursday from 8:30-4:30.
Currently 25 of 25 spaces have been booked for this program.
Please click here to sign up!
This program is fully booked.