Focus Group on Alternative Careers
Date / Time
June 29, 2020
10:00 am - 11:30 am MDT
Click the following link to download an ICS file that you can import into your calendar app:
Have you considered and/or explored an alternative career path? If yes, we want to hear from you.
AIMGA is collaborating with the University of Calgary on a study regarding Alternative Career Pathways (ACPs) for IMGs. The purpose of the study is to gather IMGs perceptions and experiences of the ACPs available to them and what is needed to increase awareness, determine viable pathways, and facilitate integration into ACPs where your skills and knowledge can be utilized.
These focus groups are for IMGs who:
- are strongly considering an alternative career pathway; or
- have begun the pursuit of an alternative career pathway; or
- are in an alternative career pathway currently; or
- were in an alternative career previously.
This focus group will focus on supports and challenges. We’ll also take some time to explore your experiences engaging in community health and wellness activities and health literacy initiatives.
These focus groups will be facilitated by one or a combination of the following individuals: Dr. Turin Chowdhury, Nashit Chowdhury, Deidre Lake
You will receive a gift certificate of $20 for your participation which will be provided by AIMGA. These focus groups are follow up to the survey we completed previously.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the following:
- Nashit Chowdhury Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 403-680-0737
- Deidre Lake Email: email@example.com; Phone: 403-701-3685
Focus Groups are being offered on the following days until the end of July:
- Mondays 10:00-11:30am (Male participants only)
- Mondays 6:00-7:30pm (Mixed: both male and female participants)
- Tuesdays 10:00-11:30am (Female participants only)
Sessions are conducted via Zoom. Zoom details and information about the study will be sent to you in advance to the session (one day prior to session).
Thank you in advance for your participation.
Currently 5 of 7 spaces have been booked for this program.
Please click here to sign up!
Online bookings are not currently available.