NAC-OSCE Exam Preparation Course – Tuesday Afternoon
Date / Time
June 7, 2022 - August 23, 2022
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm MDT
Click the following link to download an ICS file that you can import into your calendar app:
The Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) Study Group assists Internationally Trained Physicians in preparing for the National Assessment Collaboration (NAC). The competencies and the objectives for the NAC OSCE are reviewed and the expectations of a PGY1 resident are outlined for the different case scenarios presented. The sessions focus on taking an organized history, clinical knowledge and skills, physical exam skills, the think-aloud technique, approach to the patient, ethics, professionalism, communication, and decision-making abilities.
** Proof of registration will be required to register and can be sent to Thaea (email@example.com) if you have not yet sent this.
This study group will be facilitated by Dr. Bruce Fisher.
The online sessions will be held on Tuesdays from 1 pm to 4 pm for 12 weeks.
*PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THE OTHER NAC OSCE GROUP SESSIONS IF REGISTERING FOR THIS CLASS.
The program objectives are:
- to understand the exam objectives, format, and assessment criteria;
- to increase clinical knowledge, decision-making, and management across a broad range of cases through discussion on current evidence, practice, and feedback;
- to review specific tasks such as case presentations, interpreting of results based on expected formats;
- to enhance communication, cultural and language skills relative to patient-centered care and the Canadian context; and
- to familiarize oneself with time frames allotted for demonstrating competencies
For questions or support please call us at 403-520-7730 or email Thaea at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to serving you.