$36.78 – $51.42
$62,923 – $87,969
Medical radiation technologists (3215)
Resonance Imaging Technologist; MRI Technician
• 1-to-2- year post-secondary diploma in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
• An accredited MRI certificate program in addition to a diploma in a related field as listed above.
• Generally, this program is completed after completing a Medical Radiology Technologist/Nuclear Medicine Technologist/Diagnostic Sonography/Radiation Therapy Diploma/Programs
The employment outlook is good to fair in most provinces. More information is available here
Not specified, However, to attain the level of a supervisor or instructor, some experience is required.
Several schools offer programs and courses that meet the educational requirements of an MRI technologist. Examples include:
Magnetic Resonance Imaging - NAIT (post-diploma certificate ; online day)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Advanced Certificate, Part-time/Distance & Online Learning – BCIT (part-time online, 4-month practicum required)
MRI and Spectroscopy - Overview: Red River College Program & Course Catalogue Red River College, Manitoba (practicum included, full time)
Certificate Program in MRI - School of Health Sciences - Dalhousie University Halifax (Certificate program, practicum included)
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, team player, responsible with a high degree of integrity, great customer service skills, sensitive to the needs of clients, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills. Strong communication ability; good organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently; team-oriented; inquisitive; willingness to learn; flexible
• Having procedures and standards for their work.
• Compiling data for research and statistics.
• Working with the public Strength required- lift over 20 kg.
Cancer treatment centers
Colleges and Universities
Obtaining a Medical Radiology Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technolgy, or similar diploma.
Foreign degrees can be assessed to determine equivalency to a Canadian accredited degree program
Completion of the appropriate course
Practicum or Internship lasting 40 to 45 weeks to gain experience
Registration with a Provision regulatory body