Medical radiation technologists work at hospitals, diagnostic centers, clinics etc. They usually work alone with the patients but sometimes they may be a part of interprofessional team in a hospital setting.
$44,000 – $60,000
2 Year Diploma
- High school diploma with at least 75% in Math, English, and Physics
- IELTS and prior learning assessments for International students
- MRTs are regulated by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists and by provincial registering/licensing bodies
- Get admitted into diploma program for medical radiologic technology in an accredited college in Canada. The admission into some colleges maybe competitive and require admission tests.
- Complete a two to three-year program in medical radiologic technology with practicum
- Write and pass the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) examination
- Register with an appropriate association or college according to your province, such as Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic & Therapeutic Technologists (ACMDTT), College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO), etc.