May 24, 2022 at 1:57 pm #30154
This is for a term of 24 months.
Location – North campus, University of Alberta
The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences has a tradition of research excellence in ocular genetics, with the laboratories researching complementary aspects of inherited eye disease including gene discovery, translational research and ocular gene therapy.
This Research Fellowship in Ophthalmology/Ocular Genetics will provide an opportunity to be directly involved in translational research projects. Preference will be given to MD or OD candidates with some research experience in genetics or vision science. While the fellowship may emphasize the investigation of inherited retinal disorders in clinical trials, there will be an opportunity to research other disorders with systemic and ocular findings. The fellow may undertake molecular genetic experiments in a closely linked wet bench space supported by a highly competent research technician.
The fellow will develop competencies in the planning, investigation, conduct and management of clinical protocols related to either natural history of disease or interventions. As free time permits and where the fellow has certification, the fellow may attend clinics in Ocular Genetics. The fellow will have the opportunity to collaborate with departmental researchers, colleagues and researchers in Alberta Vision Net.
Specific opportunities and duties may include:
acquiring/analyzing fundus imaging, microperimetry, spectral domain OCT, and perimetry;
• learning techniques of visual electrophysiology;
• genetic analysis, sequencing, variant classification, confirmation of pathogenicity of variants;
• presentation of research results at local, national and international meetings;
• preparation of grants;
• preparation and authorship of manuscripts;
• training allied health care personnel, medical students, and residents
• MD or OD degree
• Preference will be given to MD or OD candidates with some research experience in genetics or vision science.
Closing Date – May 25, 2022
Click HERE to apply.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.