• Perform Health assessments of international travellers and make determinations on the risk to public health.
• Apply principles and knowledge of the disease process in the management and control of communicable diseases.
• Work with colleagues and managers to support effective communication and case management.
• Act as the Public Health Agency of Canada’s representative to network, engage and work collaboratively with partners of a variety of organizations to permit and support effective application of the Quarantine Act and to achieve other Agency goals.
• Work with stakeholders to create change within the travelling public in support of health promotion.
• Ensure that all public health literature, notices to the public, posters, alerts, etc. are clearly posted and implemented.
The Public Health Agency of Canada will periodically pull and review the applications received and contact applicants selected for further assessment based on the needs.