As a Mental Health Care Advocate, you will be responsible for evaluating, developing and monitoring health plans for patients through our platform. This is a part-time position requiring weekend availability.
The Mental Health Care Advocate will work closely with our team of mental health professionals while assessing the patients’ needs and determining the best care plan when it comes to their overall well being. This includes educating them about services offered such as financial and legal advice, mental health and nutrition. A successful candidate has excellent customer service skills, both written and oral, as well as advanced computer skills to interact with new patients. You’ll be presented with a fast paced environment requiring constant organization while maintaining close attention to detail.
– Assist patients with a biopsychosocial assessment and develop an intervention plan that is unique to the patient
– Responsible for thorough and efficient documentation for each patient encounter
– Set appointments and coordinate patient activities by liaising with health professionals such a legal, financing, mental health therapists and primary care
– Maintain patient profiles and relevant personal information on the appropriate patient and provider platforms
– Be responsive to possible emergency situations and react in accordance with crisis management protocols
– Work in close collaboration with the different members of the team such a nurse practitioners, physicians, psychologists and social workers