August 9, 2022 at 2:02 pm #31662
The Alzheimer Society of Calgary is a learning organization with a culture founded upon key competencies such as the importance of being adaptable; innovative; open to learning; accountable; outcomes-focused and dedicated to fostering a supportive team environment. If you believe in these same principles, this may be an unparalleled environment for you to thrive in. We’re searching for the right person to join us as Knowledge Facilitator with a specialization in diversity and inclusion.
Viewing the world from the perspective of the person with dementia includes an understanding of their culture. Your role will include:
· Engaging and collaborating with partners
· Creating and executing an outreach plan
· Liaising with people impacted by dementia
· Continuously engaging in research around emerging trends and best practices
· Preparing internal team to care for an increasingly diverse older adult population
· Facilitating educational trainings and identifying, developing, and delivering new training
· Actively participating in an evaluation process to ensure that programs are evidence-informed, outcome-driven, sustainable, and tie in with the mission of the Society.
To be successful in this role you will hold a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Health, Education or related human service degree. Experience in program development and adult learning principles are required. Understanding of dementia and experience with appreciative inquiry, environmental scans or literature reviews is ideal. In addition, you are a collaborative team player with exceptional organizational, communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
The position is still open as the suitable candidate has yet to be found.
For more information, visit:https://reachire.ca/job/knowledge-facilitator-diversity-and-inclusion-calgary-alberta-11521
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.