Do you want to contribute to Canada’s efforts in the fight against COVID-19?
Start your career with us and become a screening officer …
The Public Health Agency of Canada is at the front lines of the Government of Canada’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Government of Canada is implementing an evolving health response, which requires a high degree of adaptability from staff. As a result, the days can be demanding. The Agency is looking for people who thrive on challenges; cope well with the unexpected, and who have good judgement to complement our public and travel health teams at the ports of entry.
The Screening Officer/Navigator at the airport or land border supports the enforcement of the Quarantine Act, in support of Canada’s response to COVID-19; tasks of the position include;
• Greets travelers at the Canadian border, assesses whether their quarantine plan or state of health requires further assessment by a quarantine officer;
• Screening for signs and symptoms of COVID-19;
• Communicates basic information on travelers’ obligations for their quarantine;
• Facilitates the search for solutions in the development of their quarantine plans for travelers, when necessary;
• Provides information, advice and support to partners at entry points; and,
• Assists with the ArriveCan App.