AIMGA is currently seeking IRCC eligible members to participate in our spring 2022 Career Transition Program. If you are interested in participating in this program please book a needs assessment with an AIMGA advisor or reach out the Career Transition Program Coordinator (email@example.com).
The Career Transition Program (CTP) has been made possible by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to assist International Medical Graduates (IMGs) who are considering an alternative pathway into the Canadian health care system as a short or long-term career goal.
The goals of the Career Transition Program are to:
- increase IMGs’ overall knowledge and awareness of alternative career pathways through a series of employment-related workshops,
- provide IMGs with an opportunity to meet with fellow IMGs in alternative careers and to obtain feedback from employment coaches and mentors, and
- equip IMGs with the tools necessary to manage their own career paths.
The Career Transition Program consists of the following:
- Weekly career workshops with guest speakers
- Opportunities to connect with potential mentors/employers
- One on one coaching session with Career Transition Programs Employment Coach.
This program consists of 10 workshops covering the following topics:
- Managing transitions
- Making the most of change
- Dealing with the loss of professional identity
- Finding a job in Canada that makes use of your experience, education and expertise
- Alternative careers
- Informational interviews
- Understanding and using social media effectively
- Your elevator pitch and professional biography
- Putting your resume and interviewing skills to the test
- Giving and receiving feedback within the Canadian context
- Successfully managing conflict in the workplace
- The importance of soft skills, teamwork, initiative, and critical thinking
To be considered for the program, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an AIMGA member in good standing
- Must be able to complete 80% of the program, which is equivalent to two absences
- Must be committed to seeking employment or enrolling in an education program related to their alternative career path within the next six months
- IRCC eligible
Note: This program is funded by IRCC as it aligns with their commitment to support Permanent Residents in Canada.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Career Transition Program Coordinator, Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has been made possible with funds from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to assist IMGs considering alternative pathways into the Canadian healthcare system.