**Jan 2022 Application is now closed**
The Career Transition Program (CTP) has been made possible by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to assist International Medical Graduates (IMGs) who are considering an alternative pathway into the Canadian health care system as a short or long-term career goal.
The goals of the Career Transition Program are to:
- increase IMGs’ overall knowledge and awareness of alternative career pathways through a series of employment-related workshops,
- provide IMGs with an opportunity to meet with fellow IMGs in alternative careers and to obtain feedback from employment coaches and mentors, and
- equip IMGs with the tools necessary to manage their own career paths.
This program consists of 10 workshops covering the following topics:
- Managing transitions
- Making the most of change
- Dealing with the loss of professional identity
- Finding a job in Canada that makes use of your experience, education and expertise
- Alternative careers
- Informational interviews
- Understanding and using social media effectively
- Your elevator pitch and professional biography
- Putting your resume and interviewing skills to the test
- Giving and receiving feedback within the Canadian context
- Successfully managing conflict in the workplace
- The importance of soft skills, teamwork, initiative, and critical thinking
Each participant will have up to three individual coaching sessions to establish a career plan and next steps. Sessions will be conducted by an employment coach, who specializes in Healthcare, throughout the program. The schedule will vary based on the coach/participant’s availability.
Saturday January 15, 2022
9:30 am – 1:30 pm
Saturday March 26, 2022
*there will be no class on Feb 19th
16 IRCC eligible clients
To be considered for the program, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an AIMGA member in good standing
- Must be able to complete 80% of the program, which is equivalent to two absences
- Must be committed to seeking employment or enrolling in an education program related to their alternative career path within the next six months
Click here to start completing the application form.
The application deadline for this program is Thursday December 23rd, at 11:59 PM!
Note: This program is funded by IRCC as it aligns with their commitment to support Permanent Residents in Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen interested in the program, we encourage you to apply as we may be able to fund your seat via other means.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Career Transition Program Coordinator, Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has been made possible with funds from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to assist IMGs considering alternative pathways into the Canadian healthcare system.