Barriers to Access
Here’s what you need to do:
Read the following articles:
- Improving Abortion Access in Canada. This document will provide a more detailed understanding of the barriers to legal abortion in Canada.
- An obligation to provide abortion services: what happens when physicians refuse?
- Canadian Policies and Laws on Conscientious Objection in Health Care Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada
- Access to Abortion in Rural Remote Areas Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada
As you read, consider the following questions:
- What are your thoughts regarding the barriers described in the first article?
- Abortion is a controversial topic. Consider your own personal beliefs regarding abortion and whether or not these beliefs could potentially hinder you in being able to provide information on this medical procedure or provide patient access.
Go to the Group Forum and respond to the questions in the Developing Awareness – Task 4 topic.