Here’s what you need to do:
Read the following articles:
- Medical Ethics
- How to apologize when disclosing adverse events to patients
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario: Disclosure of Harm (2019)
- Medical Malpractice: Reform for Today’s Patients and Clinicians
- Dismembering the ethical physician
- Conscientious commitment to women’s health
- Disclosing Harm from Healthcare Delivery: Open and Honest Communication with Patients
- Disclosure of Adverse Event (January 2019)
- Responding to patient safety incidents: the “seven pillars”
- Canadian Disclosure Guidelines: Being Open with Patients and Families
- What is a Patient Safety Incident?
- On the relationship between medical ethics nad medical professionalism
- Disclosure (Canadian Patient Safety Institute)
Review the suggestions from the following article: Summarizing a Scholarly Journal Article. You will summarize this article in Flipgrid in the next step below.
Record your summary of the article in the following Flipgrid topic:
Go to the Ask the Doctor Group Forum to submit any questions that you have for a practicing doctor based on the readings or to review the questions of other participants and physician responses.