Welcome to AIMGA
The Alberta International Medical Graduates Association consists of doctors trained or educated in countries other than Canada. It also includes individuals and organizations interested in the various challenges facing International Medical Graduates in Alberta.
With the support of our members, AIMGA:
- Promotes an awareness and understanding for IMG policy change
- Informs and supports our membership
- Acts as a clearinghouse of information and resources for and about IMG issues
What is AIMGA?
Licensure Process Support
- New Member Orientation
- Moderated Study Groups for Licensing Examination
- Residency Pathway Support
Professional Integration Support
- Observership Program
- Professional Development Support
Enhanced Language Support
- Professional Language Skills Course
- Language Proficiency Preparation Courses
Employment Readiness Support
- Career Enhancement Training
- Focused Training Program
- Volunteer Opportunities
AIMGA offers a range of programs and services for IMGs across Alberta. Together, we’ll work toward your licensure while leading the drive for change for tomorrow.
Continuous Professional Development Support
Information Resources & Professional Network
To continue to be an informed resource and advocate for IMGs, AIMGA scans research and conducts studies on key issues affecting IMGs in our province and across the country. We also collaborate with other organizations to conduct and disseminate research to IMGs. Through information resources and program activities, AIMGA strives not only to keep its members informed about the current issues facing IMGs in our province, but also to help them become active contributors to the growth of its medical community.